Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Maple Overnight Oats

So I was discussing this awesome trend of overnight oats with several coworkers the other day and decided to finally try it. I wanted something that would be easy to grab on my way out the door that was healthy and would keep me full. Here goes my first attempt! 


Maple Overnight Oats

1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract 
1 cup low fat or fat free milk*
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon 
5 oz vanilla Greek yogurt 

*This would probably be lighter on the calorie side if you replace cows milk with almond or flaxseed milk.

In a large bowl whisk all ingredients except for oats together until smooth. Then stir in oats. Once well combined pour into covered dish or mason jars and let soak overnight.

The aftermath of attempting to mix this in a bowl too small! 

Come first thing tomorrow you have a delicious and slightly healthier breakfast for your busy morning rush! 


No comments:

Post a Comment