Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Peanut Butter Dip

In the summer I hate to bake. Don't get me wrong I LOVE cookies and cake and brownies, oh my! But turning on the oven when it's 100 degrees outside is not ideal. So my go-to recipe is rice krispy treats. Although I make them with varying cereals (fruity pebbles are the best!) 

So when we were asked to bring a dessert to a BBQ this weekend I was planning on making my usual. Apparently hubby is tired of these sweet treats. So it was back to the drawing board... Thanks to Pinterest I found a couple of recipes to try and finally made a version of peanut butter dip that I was happy with! 

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
1 cup chocolate chips 
1 stick butter
8 oz. package of whipped cream cheese 
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar 
1/2 cup powdered sugar

In a sauce pan melt butter and whisk in brown sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool. (Pop it in the fridge while you prep everything else).

In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, peanut butter and cream cheese. Beat until nice and smooth. 

Slowly mix in the cold brown sugar butter mixture.

Once thoroughly mixed add in your chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups.


Place entire mixture into a glass or metal bowl and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.


Best served with pretzels for a sweet and salty combo! Or try with graham crackers (although that might be overly sweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment