Friday, July 24, 2015

#Praise

Praise (noun) the act of expressing approval or admiration; commendation; laudation. 

It is amazing what a high you get from receiving praise. Be it at work, school or the best place to receive it, home. I work hard as a professional, try to be a good friend, but my focus, my toughest job is being a good wife & mom. 

I will admit that the kudos I receive at work help keep me motivated. I love hearing that clients are happy or thrilled with a campaign. I love building those relationships. I also appreciate the compliments that my colleagues pay me. I spend 40 hours a week with these people, so liking where I work and who I work with makes this time away from my family worth it. 

As awesome as those things make me feel; the BEST praise, is what I receive from my husband. When he looks at me and says 'I'm proud of you', when I don't think I'v actually done anything worthwhile, yeah that's what it's all about. When I am insecure about my body and my skin after having our sweet little girl, he tells me how amazing he thinks I look. That is what makes me smile. And yet, too often I shake off his compliments. I worry that he says these things because he loves me and wants me to feel more confident. And yes that is true, but his compliment is sincere. 

No one is perfect. I will be the first person to admit that I am far from it. But yet, beneath my tired exterior & insecurities, my husband best friend still finds things to praise about me. I don't thank him enough for this. Nor do I take the time sit back & just truly appreciate what we have together. 

I guess the simple reality is we don't always appreciate the praise we are given & we should! And that telling someone how wonderful amazing handsome funny incredible they are, is an even better feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment