Monday, July 27, 2015

Chicken Salad - My Way

Today is a precious vacation day! So what better way to spend a gorgeous blue sky 85 degree day than out on the river? Hubby and I are going to enjoy a day date on the boat. And one of my favorite things to make for the boat is my chicken salad. Now, I am not a fan of mayonnaise. I don't eat other people's chicken salad for this reason. But I was determined to find a recipe for a guilt free yummy option to take out in the hot weather. So here is my version of chicken salad!

*Yes, that's a tumbler of sangria for the boat as well

Ingredients:
Baked boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-2) cubed
Cup of red or green grapes halved
Cup of Craisins
1 Granny Smith Apple diced
4 -5 oz. Plain Greek yogurt
1-2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Large bowl

I precook my chicken with olive oil salt and pepper in the oven the night before (If I have time!) so that it's cool when I make the salad. Then I just cube it up that day.

In a large bowl mix your yogurt and lemon juice. Then add in remaining ingredients and stir until everything is coated.

This is best if you let it sit a few hours in the fridge before serving. This way all the flavors mix together!

I love the textures and flavor combination you get with this salad. It's refreshing on a hot day and a low cal option for that bikini your rockin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment